Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Embarrassment

Before I had children, I found plenty of ways to embarrass myself. However, I now find that my children can definitely find ways to embarrass me beyond what I ever imagined. Yesterday, I get to daycare to pick the kiddos up and found Jack was not outside with the rest of the kids. I knew right away that I probably did not want to know why, but as the parent I had to find out why. Kay had looked up and seen Jack standing in the yard with his pants around his ankles peeing in Kay's yard. As if this was not bad enough, he had then gone inside for time out and pooped in his pants. Needless to say, I was not thrilled. But the fun continued. We had plans to eat and play at McDonald's with friends and Jack pooped in his pants again. So we had to leave early. I get that all of this is fairly normal toddler behavior, but does he really need to do it all in one day? I'm sure if I really think about, I will realize that the same trait that makes Jack do these embarrassing behaviors is the very trait that I find cute or funny when the impulsiveness is directed in some other way. I'll think about it when I am done being embarrassed...

2 comments:

  1. What, Kay doesn't need her grass fertilized?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to see you at McDonald's, even if it was a brief visit. Let's get together again soon. He will get through this (and so will you). I promise he won't be pooping his pants when he goes to college ;)

    ReplyDelete