Monday, March 22, 2010

My Favorite Sounds

In the spirit of living in the moment more, this week I am going to write about my favorites for each of the senses. I am hoping this will help me to realize all the little favorites that are a part of every day. So here are my favorite sounds:
  • Topping the list is the sound of my children laughing. This weekend we were playing outside with Jack, chasing him, and he was just laughing and laughing. It made me so happy to hear him so happy. And Brett has an almost infectious laugh.
  • Troy's car pulling in the driveway - even after almost five years of marriage, I still get excited to hear him getting home.
  • Music - I love a wide variety of music, from classical (Pachelbel is a fave), to country (lots of faves here), to my college bands (like Counting Crows). I just love to listen to music.
  • The fan when I am falling asleep - I have to have some type of white noise when I sleep. It is so relaxing to me. I think I have ruined my children with this because I think they both sleep much better when there is some kind of white noise.
  • A cat's purr - as much as I complain about my two little fur balls, I still love to hear them purr when I pet them.
  • Rain on the roof in the morning - nothing is quite like the sound of rain hitting the roof on a lazy weekend morning (well, haven't had much of these since the kids, but still a favorite sound!).

No comments:

Post a Comment