Sunday, March 14, 2010

Brothers

Just before I got pregnant with Brett I secretly wondered if having another child was really what I wanted to do. Life seemed so perfect with our little family of three. Obviously now that I have Brett I can't imagine life without him. But I also cannot imagine life without seeing the relationship and interaction between my two boys. My boys would most certainly have missed out on something amazing without each other, but I would also have missed out on something that brings me such wonder and joy. Brett is in awe of Jack. Everything Jack does elicits a smile from Brett. This is sometimes cute, like when Jack plays with Brett, and sometimes hilarious, like when Brett laughs at Jack throwing a fit because he is getting in trouble. Jack already shows this sense of responsibility for Brett. He will sometimes very seriously remind Troy and I that we need to not leave Brett at home if we don't put Brett in the car first. Then there are the moments that just melt my heart. The other day Jack was home sick and after we were home about 20 minutes he said, "Where is Brett?" I told him Brett was at daycare because I didn't want Brett to get sick and I wanted to be able to take care of just Jack all day. He looked at me with these sad eyes and said, "I miss him, Mommy." I can't wait to see them grow together and to experience this journey together!

1 comment: