Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Favorite Sights

I tried to think about if I suddenly couldn't see, what I really miss the most. My list of favorites for today:
  • Again, topping the list is my children's smiles. From those first little involuntary grins as babies to Jack's fake smile we have coined his "evil grin," I love them all.
  • The sunset - living on Lake Michigan I have gotten spoiled by tons of beautiful sunsets.
  • The snow on the trees after a really good snowstorm - the kind that sticks to every individual branch and makes the world look crisp and white everywhere.
  • The moon when it is a small crescent but you can faintly see the rest of the moon like a shadow - I pointed this out to Jack the other night and loved that he thought it was as cool as I did.
  • Endless blue sky - nothing like seeing a perfectly blue sky without a single cloud in it (see outside your window today for an example!!).
  • Rainbows - I've seen quite a few in the past few years and I never get used to how mysterious and beautiful they are. They really do make me want to chase down the end of them and see what's there!
  • The fields of green when you fly into Ireland - I went with my mom when I was young and have never forgotten the patchwork quilt of every shade of green imaginable.
  • My children sleeping - I am the crazy mom that could watch them sleep forever.

1 comment:

  1. Who doesn't love looking at sleeping children... it means you finally got a quiet break... LOL!

    ReplyDelete