Friday, August 19, 2011

Have Ya Missed Me?

So I haven't been blogging much lately. And I really have no excuse, other than I haven't even gotten the computer out much lately. So what have I been doing other than not blogging?

• I have been starting my new job, which I LOVE! I have been through orientation, gotten settled in, and started working on a few projects. I am going to be launching the new eLearning system, redesigning the new employee orientation, taking over coordinating the student placements, and possibly coordinating and conducting some training on a very cool accountability program. Exciting stuff. I have already moved from one desk to another – I started in a cubicle and they moved me into a shared office. Everyone is really friendly and I feel like I fit right in.

• I quit my side job, freelance editing. It was just getting to be too much. But before I quit I had a huge load of reports for July. So I was a little crabby for a couple weeks when all I did was work all day, do dinner and bedtime with the kids, then work on editing until I went to bed.

• Now that I don't have to get the computer out for editing, I am not on facebook nearly as much as I used to be. Surprisingly, I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. It is a HUGE time sucker and I find I am filling the time with reading books and magazines, which I get much more enjoyment and relaxation out of.

• Since the computer is not out, as you can see, the blog has been a little neglected as well. I have actually still been doing some writing, just not blog posts. I've been writing out my experiences from the past year. Not sure if getting it all out on paper will be cathartic, or what I will do with it once I have it all down, but I'm just trying to go with the flow.

• I have been living with a couple of miniature Jeckyl and Hydes. Both the boys are in quite the love 'em or hate 'em phase. Jack is strongly asserting his five-year-oldness about a month early. He is learning some hard lessons about who is in charge at our house and what is acceptable and what is not. Brett has entered the "I do it!!!" phase. He wants to do everything himself and is adamantly opposed to any form of help. They have their cute moments, though. When Brett is trying to do something himself and can't quite get it, he will say, in a very frustrated tone, "Dang it!" And Jack's imagination is a constant source of entertainment, but he has also found a little bit of his cuddly nature again. I often get an "I love you mommy" with a hug out of the blue.

• Finally, I have been birthday party planner extraordinaire. The craziness of having two boys with birthdays a week apart is once again hitting me. I have been planning two birthday parties for my little men. Brett is very into boats right now, so his party will have a sailboat theme and will be held at the marina. Jack is obsessed with the cartoon Ben 10 right now, so he is having a Ben 10 party at the park, complete with a Ben 10 pinata he is super excited about! I spent almost a week finding all the party supplies online and ordering them up. Now I have a huge box of "stuff" in our laundry room waiting for the big days.

So not blogging has kept me pretty busy. I have to say, time well spent though. I have read and loved The Help and have a stack of books I can't wait to get to. And I have made a small dent in my stack of magazines. The boys will have fabulously fun parties that I plan to take a ton of pictures of. But I have been itching to get back to the blog, so keep watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment