Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Summer Project

Since I don’t have enough to do (haha) I’ve decided to start a summer project. My project is to learn more about what my family eats and make more informed, and hopefully better, choices. I’ve been saying for awhile now that the food Americans eat is killing us. Literally. Obesity, especially in children, is dramatically increasing. Cancer is more prevalent. And it seems, as a nation, we all just don’t feel quite as good as we should. When watching TV in the evening, it seems every other commercial is aimed at fixing some health issue. I acknowledge that modern technology and biological advances are saving lives. But I also acknowledge that some of those advances are harming lives while making money and/or providing convenience. So watch the blog for updates on what I’m learning and the choices we’re making.

1 comment: