Saturday, January 2, 2010

5 Things...

In the spirit of being more grateful for my blessings, here are some thoughts... 5 Things I Love About Jack:
  1. Without me ever teaching or encouraging it, Jack likes to put everything away where it goes. He will tell people where his toys go.
  2. He knows the "real" names of at least a dozen dinosaurs.
  3. When he gets hurt and I ask him if he wants ice or a band-aid, he usually says, "I ok, Mama. I a tough guy."
  4. He will play football or baseball for as long we will let him. We have yet to discover his limit. Lately, with the cold weather, we have discovered he will also play Uno for hours!
  5. Whenever he has something to tell me, he starts with, "Hey, Mama..."

5 Things I Love About Brett:

  1. His rolls of fat! He loves to lay on the floor in just a diaper and he looks so fat - it is adorable!
  2. His crooked grin.
  3. He is such a blankie boy! He gets ahold of one and it immediately calms him down. He can't sleep unless he is wrapped up in a blankie and has a little blankie to hold.
  4. He sometimes smiles when his brother is getting in trouble, which just makes me laugh. However, he also always smiles when his brother talks to him, which is one of the sweetest things I have ever seen.
  5. He wrings his hands when he is hungry like he really is worried we are not going to feed him!

5 Things I Love About My Husband:

  1. He is great at what he loves doing - coaching football. I don't think he knows this (he will now!), but the first time it ran through my mind that I loved him was when I was watching him on a football field.
  2. He is a great dad. He will wrestle, play games, change poopy diapers, and make bottles like none other!
  3. He lets me do whatever makes me happy. Whether it is working part time, going out with the girls, or putting in new floors in half the house, he says yes.
  4. He drives the junky car and uses the cheap cell phone so his wife can have the nice ones.
  5. He loves me every day no matter how crabby, or absent minded, or selfish, or crazy I happen to be that day.

5 Things I Love About My In-Laws:

  1. They love my kids in a way no one else does.
  2. They treat me like I am truly family and have from the beginning.
  3. They never judge us as parents. Even though they probably know from experience, they let Troy and I figure out what we need to ourselves.
  4. Three words - Big G's Tacos! :)
  5. They are always willing to help us and are incredibly generous with their time and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment